Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A real cure for the hiccups

I had an almost violent attack of hiccups this evening.  After about 20 minutes, I decided to take action.  So I googled "how to get rid of hiccups" and clicked on the first link.  It was a short video on 5 things that you can do  to get rid of your hiccups.  

The very first suggestion on the list worked for me.  All you have to do is swallow a teaspoon of dry sugar (don't drink anything).  A study showed that this technique worked for 19 out of 20 people.  I have always been skeptical of this treatment so I made sure that I still had the hiccups before I took the sugar.  After a very large hiccup, I downed the sugar and my hiccups went away. Amazing!

I now have a slight stomach ache from the spoonful of sugar, but no hiccups.

No comments: