Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Catch up post

I know that I haven't posted in a while and I am sure that you are all on the edge of your seats hoping for more thoughts on Baptism. For now I have none. I have done precious little reading on the topic in the last couple of weeks. School and personal demands have been primary. But I thought that I might give a summary of some of my thoughts as of late, ranging from serious to silly...

Should we preach systematics? I have been contemplating recently whether or not pastors, when they preach, should refer to a systematic theology approach of understanding a text. Should we bring all that we know about a given topic to a text that seems to exemplify it, or should we preach primarily within that text, drawing out themes of redemption that are present while leaving other aspects for later sermons. This is not a yes/no question, but an important one.

Why can't men wear purses?
I mean, seriously. I am a pocket person, meaning I always have lots of stuff in my pockets or otherwise connected to my person. It would be a lot easier if I had a purse to carry that stuff in. Why is this not socially acceptable? Some people might suggest a "man-purse" but that is just not the same.

Living for Christ? What does it mean to "live for Christ." It is a phrase that gets thrown around in Christian circles a lot. I just don't really know what it means. I could look up any number of definitions for this phrase and could probably supply a fairly theologically correct one myself. But it doesn't mean anything if it is not experiential. I guess I just don't feel like I really "live for Christ" most of the time.

The importance of voice and melody. For the last few years my musical interests have been in the indie-rock/indie-folk vein. This music is still amazing and I continue to fall in love with bands like this. But these bands often downplay the importance of powerful vocals and melodies. I feel like I may be moving away from this and more toward vocally driven music.

How old is the earth? 6-day Creationism vs. Old earth is still a hot topic. Being in geology this semester has stimulated my interest in the topic. I have a fairly massive post about this that I am working on. It should be out soon, provided I have the guts to publish it.

Revelation. I have been reading through the book of John's revelation again. It is such a fascinating book. Reading it again has been very good for me. It is so symbolic, I don't know how anyone could have anything other than a preterist reading of it. Seriously.

Those thoughts have been pretty much in constant rotation in my mind lately.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gray,
Good to hear from you again. I can see you've been doing a lot of thinking. Most masculine man purse is still the backpack. I don't have any answers for your other questions, but I'm anxiously awaiting the post on earthage.
Layne

Keith said...

I have a copy of Jim Jordan's book "Creation in Six Days" you can borrow, if you have room in your purse for it. Jordan is not for the queasy, but I have been glad to learn much from him.

Anonymous said...

The device exerts traction pressure inside your penis, stretching it and this leads to an increase in its sizegenetics for a few months.Now remains the question of pain or gain, it really is definitely a gain for you. Though initially, you might feel some discomfort because of this traction though it wouldn't normally last for long. One can see an increase of up to 3 inches within penis length and girth from the entry to penile extenders. Now finally, the verdict - they may be efficient, safe and uncomplicated. When you might a man who enjoys therapeutic male sizegenetics, you have to know something regarding different styles of sizegenetics that are available.
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/