Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Good movie at The Ross


A couple of days ago, I saw a great film at The Ross called After the Wedding directed by Susanne Bier. Bier is a Danish filmmaker most famous for her dogme 95 film Open Hearts. I watched this film and other Danish films in my European Cinema class.

After the Wedding is a top notch production. I especially enjoyed the brilliant and compelling plot (which I won't spoil) woven by film-writer Anders Thomas Jensen. The acting was also wonderful. I particularly enjoyed the performances of Rolf Lassgard, who plays a mysterious millionaire family man Jorgen, and Stine Fischer Christensen, Jorgen's naive daughter.

It is well worth the money to go see it. Additionally, you will get a chance to support The Ross, which has provided us with so many good, independent and foreign films.

No comments: