Wednesday, June 18, 2008

3 Common objections to getting google reader and why they're wrong!

1. "...But I don't really know what google reader is or how to set it up."

This is a common objection and, lucky for you, there is an easy answer. Abraham Piper has a very helpful post on how to set up a google reader that will tell you everything you need to know (Thanks Jake!)

2. "...But I like going to blogs, I don't want to read everything on a small screen" (sorry Jacob, I got this one from you)

Well quit your whining and get a google reader anyway. It doesn't mean you can't go to blogs anymore. Reader is well worth it even if you only use it as a reference tool. I'm willing to bet that everyone who reads blogs likes reading one or two that only update once or twice a month. Reader will let you know when it has been updated and then you can feel free to go to the site to actually read it.

3. "...But I don't want something else to distract me from the really important things in my life, and spend my time soaking up useless information from the World Wide Web from websites which, before I stumbled accross them, I didn't even know or care that they existed..."

Ok, well you have a point there. Just remember spiderman: "with great power comes great responsibility." I don't want anyone to neglect their studies, their wives, or their work for a little extra NPR news! But, seriously, everyone should get it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.